HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNA!

This post has been percolating in my head a good week or so, now. Kind of. First order of business, this blog! As it has not yet gotten deleted as of yet (like the YouTube brand channel that was set up and then forgotten about), I have decided to try once a month postings. Nothing about my post will change, though, as life added a new phase to our adventures, their might be a Luna learning (or maybe Luna lessons?) tag highlighting her adventures in the journey of kindergarten. Luna turned 5 yeas old this month. WOOHOO! As per usual I am late to the game-also we might be moving soon- so we are leaning towards virtual/homeschooling (NC does not require registration for homeschool until the kid(s) are 7 years old). Due to this , I have now been looking into it and creatively planning stuff out. My brain took this and went nuts...it is going in all sorts of directions now! My bright ideas are adding a website that showcase my blog, resources I use (or will use), a gallery of photos (I seem to embody the Jim Gaffigan photos joke about taking a million and not looking at them once) also re-establishing the video content I forgot about.

The the crafting front, I have successfully started encasing some pillows and an old baby blanket from my husband (re-vamping it for Luna to use). I have worked on more declutter/organizational actions...the good news, my yarn stash has been depleted a lot. Bad news...I somehow added an extra box for/with my fabric stash. 

No new books, but we did recently celebrate Easter and Mother's day! Did you know Easter originated in Germany to celebrate the pagan goddess, that painting eggs came from Ukraine, or that the biggest egg is in Canada and weighs 500 lbs? How about that American Mother's Day started way back after the civil war to foster good relations between each side of the unions and confederates, it was made official in 1908, made into law 1914, though the earliest "mother's day" was in Ancient Greece (celebrating the goddess Rhea)!

We've also been trippin' around the place this past month! A visit from grandpa (my father) led us all around our and the sounding areas of our neck of the woods! We saw the beach, museums, animals, the  Battleship NC, Arlie Gardens,  The Governor's Palace (Tryon's Palace) new playgrounds, had picnic lunches, played games, ate local caught seafood, walked and peopled A LOT! Luna and I had a weekend to rest (and pack) and then it was off to Atlanta GA for her birthday week adventure! Our family had a blast exploring this city again! We visited the zoo and the lego discovery center for a second time, as well as Ikea and some of their malls; we found local food shops for breakfast and dinner; and then explored their aquariumbotanical gardens and World of Coca-Cola! Luna made off like a bandit, acquiring new stuffies at almost EVERY place we visited-plus a trucker's stop on the way home- (we even managed to surprise her with paw patrol tsum-tsum pups!). HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNA!!!!!!!



Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving