Languages

Languages are used for all sorts of reasons and purposes. Probably the most important would be communication. Growing up with a mother that spoke (at least) one other language, I didn't realize how lucky I was to have such a resource at my disposal until it was too late. Trying to catch up and learn has been...more downs than ups but I found a language app called Duolingo that seems to be working (ish). 5 minutes a day at the minimum and it combines comprehension with reading, speaking, and writing. It is also based on a reward system, the more lessons you complete, the more rewards...the simplicity of it reminds me more of a kids app, actually.

Luna is still working on learning (American) English -the language of our house, nation, and business. Thus far, her parents seemed to be the only ones to truly understand her...most of the time...but she is having a lot of fun learning it! Songs, Apps, constant conversations, reading, writing, all in a days work for my Luna Belle!


Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving