Book of the week: Shel Silverstein: Where The Sidewalk Ends

Oh ho ho! I found this on KU and couldn't resist! He was (is still?) one of my favorite authors growing up! Reading his poems again gave me a bit of a giggle...and I remember trying to do lots of things with that Hug-O-War poem of his. If you haven't read any of his stuff, he is a kid's author; and from what I recall poems (whether they be short poems or those long story poems like Homer did-prose?-) are his specialty. Where The Sidewalk Ends is one of his collection of poem books in which the poems are usually silly and short (unlike his book "the giving tree" in which he story-writes one long poem about, well, the giving tree!). If I remember correctly, he was one of those authors I found inspirational enough to try and write like...I am unsure if any of them survived (I don't thinks so), however, I sort of have ideas after reading this, so it may be fun to do! I could also tell how he influenced my...worage and verbiage in my speaking, heh. He does the artwork for his writings and (according to his endpage) he plays guitar and sing songs too. If you haven't read him yet, I think you should; especially to your kids as they will surly get a kick out of them! 





Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving