Eye exams and rainy fun

Today is Marine corps bday (happy bday marine corps!). This morning was mostly normal. Lots of screen time, lots of toys and blocks. I convinced her to take a bath too which is always exciting (as opposed to dragging her in screaming), I suppose, the fact that I let her plastic paw patrols ( NOT bath) toys go in with her helped. While she was busy having fun with that, I decided to thin my mending/alterations pile (the jean jacket will now have flannel sleeves vs jean sleeves). 

We were almost late to the eye appointment but we made it (luckily it was just across the street!). She did well (not screaming or crying it fussing at all), very talkative, though I am not real sure they (or I) understood all of it. However, after the first part (the routine eye chart and verification of results) the second part (violation, 40 min wait, and the one more doc exam), she was less interested in it all, still friendly and cooperative but more...squirmy/wiggly in the sense of I am done and soon will be done done (his fifty done). To be honest, I wouldn't blame her. A new experience, strange people doing things with her eyes and all together with a 2-hour process there and back is tough. 

While we did not have to there in the rain (or for food during that 40 min wait), then walk back home was rainy. It didn't get too hard until we were inside, thankfully (I didn't plan for rain) but Luna had a great time playing in it for a time. Then it was back to our regular use equaled evenings with dinner, playing, screens ad wind down (though today was not an easy bedtime). Wonder if we will get more rain tomorrow!




Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving