A wordy Monday

So I have mulled over an idea to help my speech. People often tell me that I am hard to understand, I mumble, I miss letters/words (or whole sentences) I circle talk and repeat (redundancy), and a whole host other things. So I thought recording myself reading stories might help me with all that. Problem is, I don't like myself or my voice on recordings/videos and even the thought stresses me out, so...

I have already mentioned connotations and perspectives and judgments when talking about language and all that factors into it (the culture/society and all its environmental factors) but well, I will talk about it some more. :) I recently firmly decided not to be ashamed of my independence co-dependency. We all have it too some degree or another and there is only a certain age range that society and its culture (admittedly mostly western) have really decided it is shameful to have it within that range. For example, I was once heard about someone living at home with his parents, being in his 30s with a good-paying job (the noted reason was school debt) and it was met with such...disdain and distaste, especially as it was male in this story. However, outside this range, i.,e., raising young and caring for the elderly is seen as more or less abandonment if one is not practicing independent co-dependency. This, of course, is probably rooted in the fact that historically, they (the people) were sent off to work in such age ranges (or manage the house they married into), as well as, as the case with Benjamin Button, one is reminded that both as an elderly and a child one has the limited ability (physically as well as mentally) to be solely independent, So helping them (that's the co-dependent part) is accepted and even encouraged. And yet...when one thinks about the fact that human beings need a connection (in some sort of context) and have a healthy well being and mental stable existence; what is that connection if not emotional co-dependency? Going through this mental health adventure I am currently riding, I have learned that I am just in that statistic range that is in more need of that co-dependency then the typical "normal" average person. I have shown in previous years that I CAN be independent (pay my bills, have a job, pick out clothes, cook my food, drive a car, ect.) but doing those things (or a lot of those things) stress me out enough that it has a domino effect with everyone around me, so for all involved...my independent co-dependency works out. The fact that my husband likes to cook and drive and doesn't (usually) mind leading is a bonus! 

Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving