craft of the week: jean repair

The craft of the week: tailoring and repairs. I found more husband pants I want to wear as it is getting colder and since I turned my (too small) pair of pants-or many pairs of pants-into fabric and a jean jacket, I thought I would try it again. The sewing in the waist khaki pants technique I did for the first husband pants (like a few months ago) was a bit more frustrating with these pair of jeans so I YouTubed more ideas and decided the quick and easier (or so I thought) way was to elasticate the waistband of the jeans. I did 2 pairs of jeans and trying them on I feel more like my 4-year-old daughter and her pants but it works pretty well. This way it has a stretchy band for a good belly or weight gain! Woot! I have to do a lot of repair work fixing my first sewing technique try. Also, hemming the legs so they don't drag on the floor and trip me (plus they were all messed up and ratty). Tomorrow I hope to do more repair work on the jackets I keep un-lining, heh. 



Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving