Book of the week: Anne of Green Gables: Graphic novels

So I don't remember ever reading Anne of Green Gables. I do know that there was at least one copy at home or at school (as we were book people and it is considered a classic). I have to say, I do appreciate this version of telling stories. It still has the essence of the stories but gives it a new flavor. The pictures depicted it perfectly (ie, my child followed along and enjoyed it) while the text added some context. HA! I just realized that is basically the reverse of novels (wow am I smart!?!-haha). Anyway, it's basically about a family who sends for an orphan to help with the farming (as they did back then), and instead of the boy they paid for, Anne was waiting for them. At first, they thought to find another for her but as the days went on they all grew into a family of three. It shows the passing of time and all of Anne's life's adventures and the lessons she learns along the way (including the people and places she encounters). I wasn't expecting it as a children's story. It makes me curious if the writing style of the original book was geared towards children (ie the style and verbiage)  as I've seen most writings (even if they were for children) were very...adult in nature and style. All and all it is a sweet story and I did enjoy it.




Popular posts from this blog

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Building a metaphor

Crafting: Weaving