Book of the week: Women of Means

So my foray in broadening my book horizons basically lean on the books through kindle unlimited. KU has a lot but only so much to choose from. This week follows the recommendations on Amazon and is about 28(ish) "poor little rich girls" who, unlike those "successful rich girls" who made something with their wealth (and survived with it intact), these biography shorts summarize their ultimate demise: isolation in one form or another and its greed. It showcases how the pampered women and/or their offspring chased the all-consuming concept of happiness...with various results.  The epilogue basically states (to my understanding) that we share similar traits, hopes, and fears whatever the class distinction. While I found the life shorts of these wealthy women interesting (sort of), I did enjoy all the quotes and references to stories of old.

Popular posts from this blog

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Building a metaphor

Crafting: Weaving