Mom fail adventures

So I feel like I mom fail a lot...like on a daily  (multiple times a day daily) a lot...
I'd say it all part of the process of learning and growing and meshing one little person's growing up-ness with one (and/or 2) persons who have had a lot of their growing up-ness completed already. The mom fails today was waking g up early and thinking I could get a shower on my own...WRONG! My little solo exploring adventurer feels totally safe in our complex...which good and bad as that we live on/and or close to a busy road. Combined that with figuring out the door locks (and being tall enough to reach them)...and that her room is the first bedroom you come too when entering the house...we have a naked mother realizing it's too quiet after the initial noise of her child and calling for as rushed to the front door to see her 4 years old excitedly run in the house (in just a pull up) and jabber on about something or another (...sand toys maybe?). The result a wailing child after being scolded (and a discussion on why it was not okay for the umpteenth time) and sent to her room sans play toys (or her mother's attention) for the duration of the rest of the morning. I initially thought chain on the door but as my other half rightly pointed out, it wouldn't do much good in the morning as he leaves when we are asleep, so then the chain would be ineffective. So... waiting for the shower and locking my child in the bathroom it is! 




Popular posts from this blog

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Building a metaphor

Crafting: Weaving