Er...book reading this week?

So with all the excitement that was this week, I...totally forgot to put aside time for book reading. So this week will be aimed for those beginning readers (again). Specifically, those easy readers step 1/2 readers! Now I am kinda in love with them as they provide a perfect start to actually reading the words. The sets like my Pete the cat books use both words and picture symbols for clue indicators. They all have simple and repetitive language and the stories get increasingly...lengthy? story-like? advanced as well. Examples in my bunch would be Pete the Cat, Biscuit, and Big Shark/Little shark, while there is a tail (haha, get it,  cause their all tailed animals?) to tell, it is very linear in its nature. The stories like I love my tutu and the Paw Patrol progress the linear nature by introducing different things like characters and scene dynamics.


Luna, of course, is not quite at this stage (she still prefers to make up her own stories from the pictures rather then the actual stories told and can only listen to us read so much) but I always have a blast pulling them and finding ways to engage her in them!

Popular posts from this blog

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Building a metaphor

Crafting: Weaving