Pants dum fitty dum ditty dim dum dum!

 

Today while continuing to sort out my massive amounts of craft stuff (it will take lots of time as I plan on making things through it all) I came across these 2 unfinished projects! One was a pair of sweat pants my family got me at some point when I wanted some more trendy leisurewear. They were more of a jogger style that I found bothered my circulation/sensory issues so I chopped them into shorts. The sweater I remember decided to try the trend of cleverly sweaters (I think it was meant as a cooler version on sweater vests)...i realized quickly that I never would wear it so that was donated fast, the pants, however, were worn enough to need mending. While mending I decided I had enough sweat-type clothes so after asking luna (who was liked the idea) I decided instead of donated them I would mend tailor them for her. Surprisingly, all I had to do was cut some inches down the inner leg seam to make then more narrow as the waistband fit. Honestly, I don't know if that means I am too skinny or she is gearing up for a growth spurt again (fastening up for storage), heh.

I also found that my bongo drums that I passed on to Luna- I got it as good-luck-for-the-future present in...high school I think, as it had a quote on it of never forgetting to beat to my own drum or one such- and noticed that the laminated paper on it was peeling or pellet off. The paper I covered first with printer paper, then crocheted yarn, and then stapled on the fabric was more like that, er, drawer/ Hubbard liner stuff that they sell in the lichen isles and that I found having to replace every so often growing up. While I have no real problem with the finished project as it is a Luna you and has been falling apart bit by bit and fixed hot by bit, my husband commented (after I did all that work) that gluing on wrapping paper probably would have been easier! Either way, you do it, I hope you find inspiration and enjoyment in these projects!



 

Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving