Friday playing and Katja musing

Today's playing adventure started after a bit of quiet downtime, But as Luna geared up for the day, the pups (in one form or another) were out and about the house. She also tipped into using her Vkid "computer" activity desk thing.  Throughout the day, the pups traveled between legos and wooden blocks to the paw patrol play mat and bed/carpet flooring. Playing ball was a favorite of there's as well as hide and seek. My other half even got in the mix today when he got home.  For a good amount of time, I've noticed the fighting she acts out through the pups (usually over a ball but sometimes just a tuffle over...other things). This hasn't gone any farther than when she plays with any of her characters, however, that and the fascination of smelling (mine in particular) of the butt is something I have noted growing in frequency. 

For myself, I may have written about my isolation observations before but as I have recently realized that they are...increasing with every adult conversation I have (and when compared to the fact that I ramble and babble, to begin with, and that I am actually becoming aware of it). The interesting thing I find is that when we're in actual isolation, I had no (or didn't notice) any problems...now that the outside isolation has opened-with precaution of course- I am aware of wanting/needing more than usual. I suppose that might be WHY I am feeling this way. Huh. 

Also, I couldn't fall asleep as fast as I have been and fell back into my old habits (methodically loosening my individual body parts and letting my brain wonder). My brain came up with a scene about a crafter. She seemed to be a lot like me as she loved creating and crafting but was always (or often) met with puzzlement and or downright cancelation when performing these tasks and then guided to more...administration tasks (for me, personally, I am guessing it is because the public wants to see perfection or imperfection that is perfect vs my...not perfect motor skills/fine motor skills.) This dream crafter was with someone else who was meh-ish over the whole thing (also the mentor for some type of craft) and the dream crafter was very comfortable (and adamant) in her imperfect skills for her visual creative crafting. She had no problem learning and increasing her improvement but also had no problem with where her skills were at and showing them off. Over the day's hours, I often wondered if it was my brain's way of feeling comfortable with where I am at...or setting a goal of where I could/should be at...


Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving