Katja's rice and chicken progression (with pictures)

So today's Luna adventures were of the usual sort-blocks, pups, balls, and the outside. I spent lots of the day anxious about the renewal of my meds health appointment...and then felt very jittery through and afterward (I didn't talk to the same personas usual, through me out of whack)- and no getting "dressed'" (out of my sweats) did not help me feel more prepared. Anyway, the other half came home and said "hey thought about dinner" and "could you?" when I said, "no, am I making it today". So...here is the progression of my rice and chicken dish step by step.

Before you start cooking, make sure you have the chicken, rice, and veggies you want to cook. You also need tools and devices to cook them in (I used a rice cooker, microwave, and stovetop). First: prep your foods-thaw the frozen, grab your seasonings, and measure your quantities. We also shredded the chicken, but I have just cooked it whole or chopped it in pieces before too, your choice! and seasoning can be added before during, or after the cooking.

 

Second: cooking! Per my other half's directions, I start with the rice as it is the thing that cooks the longest. I dumped it in add the water (just above the rice...1:1, so I was told), let that cook until the rice is soaked the water right into it and voila rice is done!

The chicken, tonight I used leftover Popeyes chicken so which means all I had to do was reheat it all. But for cooking the chicken, use the stovetop and make sure it is cooked through (the insides are not pink and but white).

The veggies: I warmed them up in the microwave 30 seconds at a time for a good 2 minutes and then fried them with the chicken! 

Third: When everything is all done and cooked, plate it and enjoy!



Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving