Visiting Sherwood Forest!

 Today's adventure was a slow start. I woke up waaaay earlier than my child so I had time to, yes wake up and think about the day ahead, however, as I did the dishes, I realized that I am the type of person that gets stuck into something and it's hard to get unstuck (or go back to it). So there was a lot of waiting on my part. Luna had a later start than usual but woke up ready for the day. She was keen on playing next to me, today, but not necessarily with me, so I had more time for me, as well. I spent it mostly researching (clothing/wardrobe) and went down a rabbit hole on child-led learning. I filled up 2 folders full of sites I'll downsize at a later time (probably). It was pretty successful as I downloaded one of them-Khan Academy- and Luna seems pretty fascinated/engaged by it. I also made the final piece for my craft this week. Luna spent a lot of today with her pups and her building materials. The outside was also calling and while our Robin Hood showed his face to his merry men, his Maid Marrian and her clucky nurse spent it exploring the forest they were visiting. This neighborhood was awesome just for that name (Sherwood forest/Nottingham lane), the little park was a nice surprise to find! It was clean and well maintained. The play structure said 2-12 year old but from the look of it, I'd say closer to 2-5 for the structure it's self (the swinger\s were only for the baby butts that fit in those bucket swings). Luna loved the spacious green area (dog friendly) and the sand. There was a lot of room to play PJMasks (Romeo pup-napped Rocky) and we all took a turn "selling" the different sized sticks for her digging. After a good hour of exploring Sherwood forest, it was pizza and the wind down from the day. I wonder what tomorrow's adventure will be!


Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving