Luna learning and craft of the week: luna bag

Luna had a big mid-morning/early afternoon! The weekends are usually at a slower pace (no one wants to do anything before 10am) and today she surprised me by being a lot more studious than I've seen her. We played with puzzles/shapes creating first some of the cards it came with then faces and then a game of shapes (a shape version of 52 pickup/beanbag toss-we even started the alphabet before her wiggles needed to dance) and of course the building structures for her pups. I learned that she picked up all the scholarly things they say she should be but she just couldn't and wouldn't sit still., Also, we had to other "players" in her figurine pups-which helped extend the attention span and interest, slightly. But whoowie! I am pretty exhausted from all that work!


So this week I repurposed a luna blanket. I actually think it was a swaddle-er as it was much smaller than the other blankets...but in any case, I made it into a bag! It started out pretty easy as I folding it gave me a closed bottom and all I had to do was sew the sides, zipper, and strap. The zipper sewing was new to me so that was interesting and I decided the strap would be crocheted and that was old-new to me (I haven't done it in a good bit of time). The strap ended up being too long but it was an easy fix with a knot at the top (easily undone if someone taller then I would wear it) But all in all, it was a fun project, and doing it little by little helped a ton! Woot!

Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving