Craft this week: quilted skirt

This week I started on my quilted skirt. I didn't finish it but I have...most of the shaping sorta done. I tried doing the elastic encased in fabric waistband and while it works (I think) there was a lot of piecing together still. Yes, I am pretty sure I am still doing it wrong though I did specifically stretch the elastic out so I would have enough fabric (this time I didn't account for the difference between hip/butt and waist. This week I also worked on my measurements for most body measurements from feet to shoulders, and am still de-clothing my closet (ie seeing what fits and If I like the fit). Thus far my bottoms are long skirts/dresses, sweats, and leggings; my tops tend to be wider, more long sleeve than not, and down to my hips-most of my shorter dresses are dedicated tops now- (I've also realized bra wise, I prefer cotton tank top undershirts)... and layers, lots of layers. Shoes are a bit tricky as my feet are more comfortable in wider shoes and I haven't found any women shoes (that I can walk in) with the wider toe piece (I am currently wearing my husband's crock van like shoes that are awesome but wearing out fast-ish). So, progress has happened, a little bit. 



Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving