teepee tents and "terrifying" ceremonies

Tomorrow morning is a big day for the family (mostly my other half) as come 8'o'clock, my other half's promotion ceremony is starting. As the most important people to him (living in the same house/state) I and our 4-year-old have the honor and privilege to pin him on. An act that seems pretty easy as the family member (from what I understand) waits quietly and still until they are called up front and center to pin, they pin and...then go back to their places until the ceremony is over. For a Katja, this is terrifying. A crowd full of IMPORTANT people of all ranks including his 10-man team, remembering NOT to anxiously babble randomly (and inappropriately) when there is silence/pauses, being called up like a predetermined volunteer (which technically I guess I am), actually pinning on properly (and while practicing the act at home helps, it DOES NOT negate the variables of any other setting)...all while multitasking the act of minding my active-four-year-old. Who, I learned through this week's practice, is very much on the side of one and done tasking (her daddy showed her once, and she practiced once and then became silly with all other practices because she knew it already). This is awesome and follows her daddy's brains (also probably the average brain) to boot; however, my brain habits need that routine practice and thus accommodating a Luna brain with a Katja brain is now (even at the thought) freaking me out. Yay brains! Now prepping is and can be done-I mentioned the pinning practice,- but also the getting all the stuff/bodies ready for an early morning outing the day before is, for me, key, but also one more detail I need brain power for. So....yeah...terrifying!

In other news, Luna has been wanting a "bed tent" for a while now and last night we finally set up a tent teepee for her to sleep in. She loves it and is taking it everywhere to play with and in. I am just waiting for it to break as this family is not the gentle-handlers of the Miles/Kunk branch, haha. 


Today it was a sunny day after last night's thunderstorms so there was a lot of outdoor play as well; from muddy puddles to hide-and-seek, tag, "boo, I scared you!", and make-believe scenes with Nickelodeon characters. 



Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving