Monday, 14, 2020: Appointment Advebtures

 
This morning we did our normal play (blocks, pups) we also threw in some caterpillar games, alphabet puzzles, and screen time. Then the major adventure started! My adventure was pretty nerve-racking for me (tests, ack!) and predictably, I had to pee before, during, and after, I was so nervous  (the section were a lot of self-assessment questions and then sections in memory and the like (from what I understood). As I can't remember more than 2 steps ahead and still count on my fingers (or finger write on the table)...I finished faster then I thought I would (I had 20 minutes in the time slot). One of my favorite parts was making up a story (technically she started it and then I finished it) from a picture only book. It reminded me of a book from my childhood, my mother used for writing prompts in her tutoring program. I used to love (still kind of do) making up stories from them.


 Luna had a big adventure with the doc today too. What should have been an eye exam and shots got mixed up and turned around so they just did the eye exam (in and out from the urgent care) using light and finger-following. Now we have to see when a kid-friendly optometrist as they said it looks to them as Exotropia (the opposite of crossed eyed). Apparently, it is a common thing but still important to catch the earlier the better...so we might have some Luna glasses in the future. That should be a fun thing to get used to! Dinner was good ol' Red Robin (yumm! Though, they still haven't-and probably won't-lit up their U, which bugs the heck out of me!) Here I learned the word forgo stays the same with any tense as you change the words around it to fit the tense you are talking about.

When we got all settled back at home out came to the screens and comfy chairs for the adults and luna settled into happily coloring on big wooden pieces I saved from the dump! 



Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving