playground grumps

Today's morning set us for the rest of the day. While I was having my morning wake up (COFFEEEEEE!!!!!) my child comes to me with a pile of her Paw Patrol book and says "I told my hands to rip it." when asked why she answered, "I destroyed it so I can get a new paw patrol book at the bookstore." While I applaud her logic, I set her straight right quick and the punishment was no bookstore (que the start of the grumps and wailing). 

However, we have been housebound all week so I decided a walk to the playground was in order. By the time we were all fed and ready it was just after noon...and a lot hotter then I thought it would be. There was good bunch of kids there with more and more coming periodically, so Luna found a few to play with right away. A pup or 2 was a long for the ride and caused a bit of mischief  along the way. By the time we found an unclaimed car on the ground and the  sharing lessons it brought her, her, her mini marshall, and the kids she was playing with had their fair share of theatrics, from total excitement and laughter to total dramatics with tantrums and crying abound. We had a good hour or 2 before the struggles of socializing and the heat  took its toll on my child and so home we did walk. I got a good walk workout in doing it too! My other half came home early enough that we went out for pizza and then did our food shopping. I think by this point we were all over the day as her normal antics caused a bit more huff in our evening plans for all of us. To top it all off, the little stinkpot had her destroyed book laid out on her bed for her bedtime story like we were going to arrange and fix it then and there for her! Suffice it to say, I have a definite project come sunday! Tomorrow we get to see a pumpkin patch and find ourselves a pumpkin for pumpkin pie (as carving them as not worked out for us as of yet). Woohoo!



Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving