Craft of the week: crochet tulip


So I had metal hoop wires and I thought I could do weave a basket with then as the spokes. I started with three spokes and one crocheted weave in I decided a 4th would be better. As I was crochet weaving my second spoke I saw the shape of the tulip take form and liked it better. It is pretty big as it took 4 big squished hoops and 6.25 skins of yarn so I am not real sure what to do with it. My process was taking each hoop, squish it, and wind yarn around it. After placing it in a wheel spoke shape, I wound ribbon and yarn through and around it to hold it in place and then took my 11.5 mm crochet hook and chained between each spoke from bottom to top. It was pretty fun and once I got into it pretty easy and relaxing.


Popular posts from this blog

Building a metaphor

Maids, Wives, and Widows

Crafting: Weaving